July 19th, 2013
Presented Different natural Disasters
- Blizzards: Anthony
– love snow
– during a blizzard there is reduced vision
– certain wind scale for measuring blizzards
– formation: cold air crashes into warm air from tropics, clouds form
– Problems: transportation, buildings collapse, snowdrifts, powerlines+pipes freeze
– Solutions: Robots(ex. Electrac) can cut through snow and rescue people
- Earthquakes: Eddie
-Vector Scale goes on forever
-vibrations in the earth
- Wildfires: Laura
-uncontrolled fire that starts in areas of vegetation
-economy is forced to pay for property damage
Discussed Various Inventions
Jennifer- heatpads that act as a glow stick
-boots for warmth as well as shoveling/melting snow
-handwarmers too expensive
-difficult to get to car in a snowstorm
-stairs are slippery and dangerous
-melt the snow with heating pads
-battery that runs on air
– special lightbulb that emits light by itself
Think: How to generate electricity or create/improve items that don’t use electricity?
Eddie and Ashton demonstrated creating a program for the robot.
– different blocks that represent various actions or functions
ex. text, numbers
Then they downloaded the program into the robot through wire.
Also, they identified specific parts of the robot.
-ports: parts where you connect a certain wire of a motor
-hub: main section for all wires to be connected to (ex. item that multiple headphones may be plugged into)
Homework: research MOLD